Couponer’s Guide to Saving on Spring Break in Myrtle Beach
If you’re looking to extend your grocery savings beyond the pantry to your family’s travel plans, look no further than Myrtle Beach. Last year, I had the opportunity to visit the newly renovated Crown Reef Resort in Myrtle Beach and it honestly changed my perception of travel to that area. For those of you in Atlanta, it’s a really easy drive straight across I-20 and it’s makes for a fun Spring Break destination. Already an affordable beach destination, you can also score tons of deals and add up the savings with a little insider knowledge from Vacation Myrtle Beach (VMB), a collection of 14 oceanfront Grand Strand resorts.
- Book early to take advantage of already low rates – Myrtle Beach is already an affordable destination compared to nearby locations like Hilton Head Island, Charleston or Outer banks. Book early to take advantage of special packages offered by resorts that start as low as $39/night.
- Free amenities like water parks – When you book with Vacation Myrtle Beach, you get access to each property’s amenities, which include water parks with water slides, lazy rivers, indoor and outdoor pools, swim-up bars and other water attractions. One of the resorts has a bowling alley, while others have arcades with redemption centers as just a few examples.
- Take advantage of kitchenettes in efficiencies and suites – Bring food from home or shop at the local grocery store when you arrive to stock up on items for snacks, breakfast or even lunch. You’ll save instead of eating out at every meal.
- Use the Stay + Play Free deal at VMB resorts – This special offer through spring lets guests of the resort get buy one, get one free tickets at local attractions, such as WonderWorks museum, the Alabama Theatre and Legends in Concert. These are some of the most popular activities along the Grand Strand. Use these for your adult tickets, which are the most expensive.
- Carry your VMB discount card – Guests of VMB resorts also each get a special discount card that is good for varying discounts at hundreds of Myrtle Beach restaurants, attractions, bars, shops, golf and more. Just don’t forget to use it!
- Buddy up – Some of the VMB resort rooms can hold up to eight people, so you can travel with another family or bring Grandma and Grandpa and everyone can stay in the same room for additional savings. The good news is that there’s plenty to keep you busy outside the room, so no one will get “cabin fever.”
- Use smartphone apps – There are a number of smartphone apps that can help you save on vacation, such as RetailMeNot that lets you know if a particular store or restaurant has any available coupons. Rather than having to print them out (and possibly lose them), it pulls them right up for you on your phone.
With these seven tips, you can save a bundle on your spring break beach vacation! Tally up the savings after your visit and let us know how you did!